Known Limitations of Translation
This document tracks things that we know the translator can't handle, as well as things it probably won't ever handle.
- variadic function definitions (blocking Rust issue)
- preserving comments (work in progress)
_Complextypes (partially blocked by Rust language)
- Non x86/64 SIMD function/types and x86/64 SIMD function/types which have no rust equivalent
Unimplemented, might be implementable but very low priority
- GNU packed structs (Rust has
inlinefunctions (Rust has
restrictpointers (Rust has references)
- inline assembly
Likely won't ever support
setjmpAlthough there are LLVM intrinsics for these, it is unclear how these interact with Rust (esp. idiomatic Rust).
- jumps into and out of statement expressions We support GNU C statement expressions, but we can not handle jumping into or out of these. Both entry and exit into the expression have to be through the usual fall-through evaluation of the expression.